The lightest and thinnest single rope produced thus far.
Whether it's a limit-testing onsight attempt or a 5.14 redpoint, the Mammut Serenity Dry Climbing Rope is your secret weapon for success. With a diameter of just 8.7mm, the Serenity boasts the lightest and thinnest specs of any single rope available today. The thin diameter and SuperDry finish even allow this cord to perform as a twin or half rope on hard alpine routes.
- SuperDry finish is applied to both the sheath and the core for wet-weather performance, improved handling, and abrasion resistance
- COATINGfinish ensures that only the finest raw materials are used in production, providing improved performance, durability, and resistance to dirt and water
- 8.4 KN impact force rating ensures that the Serenity will give you a soft catch
- UIAA fall rating of 5 means this rope is best suited to hard redpoint attempts and use as a twin rope
- High sheath percentage (38%) provides exceptional durability for such a skinny diameter
- 8.7mm diameter and a low weight of just 1.7 ounces per meter make the Serenity the thinnest and lightest single rope
- Lap-coiled tangle-free packing means the rope is ready for use immediately, no more flaking and coiling to avoid new rope twisting
Share your thoughts
Check out the part at the end where ropes are tested for quality assurance - rad!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Used in Red Rocks, NV. Great for weight savings as a single rope, or as a half. In hind sight, i would have saved this rope because the approaches are short at Red Rocks. I did get some major fuzzing on the rope where it most likely went over an edge on a rappel.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
150 yr old rope company, know for making excellent ropes, this is the flagship single rope. Super skinny and light. The redpoint rope. A great alpine rope as well. Not beef enough to work routes on, but great for the send.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Used the 8.9 Serenity on Snake Dike last year and it was awesome. Nothing is worse than carrying extra weight on a long approach and this rope made a big difference. The Serenity is the way to go for long pitches, long approaches, or anytime going light and fast makes the climbing more enjoyable. I can only imagine that the 8.7 is even better! Great job Mammut.
Salathe Wall free
I used the Serenity rope on the Salathe Headwall: it made the difference between being able to clip biners or not at the end of that loooooong pitch!