- Detail Images
For when the hike to the cliff is a challenge in itself.
When just getting to the crag requires 45 minutes of steep switchbacks and loose scree, lace up the Mammut Men's Redburn Pro Approach Shoe for confident traction each step of the way. The Base Fit lacing system securely wraps around your foot to eliminate slipping and pressure points for a blister-free outing, and the Cougapproach sticky rubber sole sticks like glue to the steep slabs at the base of the cliff.
- Leather and textile uppers provide the durability required for craggy terrain
- Open-pored 3D liner fabric breathes to keep feet cool and comfortable
- Base Fit lacing securely locks your foot into the shoe for reduced pressure points and slip-free fit
- Poro wedge midsole absorbs the shock of rough terrain
- Board lasted construction increases durability and foot protection
- Rubber toe cap guards against protruding rocks and tree roots
- Cougapproach outsole is made from Gripex APX Rubber for maximum traction and features a structured climbing zone for improved performance on steep rock
Share your thoughts
Not so great
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
At first the shoes looked great, they fit exactly my size (42,5) and overall I was very happy. On the first runs the shoes held up very well and the only complaint was from my wife - she hated the design. The last being said as a joke, I found out that the back of the shoes started twisting to the inside after few days of wearing. A month later that looked so weird, people started asking me whether I have problem with my ankles. Well, I do not. The weird twist remained and I had to physically try and press on the outside of the shoe to be able to relieve my ankles especially after long walks. I would say this has been caused by a major design flaw, and it's not recoverable. These shoes are going in reserve now, to be used in last case scenario.
Last but not least - when made wet for some reason, the shoe material emits a terrible smell.
Great approach shoe
I got these about a month ago and have used them several times recently and have been very happy with the performance. They fit great and are very comfortable on long approaches.