A high-end cord with a unique look and feel.
With its innovative Double Twist Technology, the Mammut Nordwand 9.3mm Climbing Rope provides incredibly smooth handling and a stunning braid pattern unique to the world of high-performance ropes. The SuperDry finish allows the Nordwand to crush hard sport, trad, and ice routes with equal aplomb, and the lap-coiled tangle-free packing means you can take this cord out of the box and head straight to the crag.
- Double Twist Technology uses four sheath threads instead of the standard two, resulting in a super smooth surface for improved handling and a unique braid pattern
- SuperDry finish is applied to both the sheath and the core for wet-weather performance, improved handling, and abrasion resistance
- COATINGfinish ensures that only the finest raw materials are used in production, providing improved performance, durability, and resistance to dirt and water
- 8.7 KN impact force rating ensures that the Nordwand will give you a soft catch
- UIAA fall rating of 7-8 provides ample strength and durability for sport, trad, and gym climbing
- 9.3mm diameter and a low weight of just 2 ounces per meter make the Nordwand ideal for hard redpoint and onsight attempts
- Lap-coiled tangle-free packing means the rope is ready for use immediately, no more flaking and coiling to avoid new-rope twisting
- Certified for use as a singe, half, and twin climbing rope
Share your thoughts
picked up as a deep in the backcountry
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Rope. Have only climbed on it twice, but it handles well and does the job. I've not fallen on it yet. For the weight however, this thing is amazing. The 70 meter feels lighter than my 9.8 60M "work" rope. I'll be using this on my backcountry adventures this season for sure.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I use it. Far superior than Beal Jocker 9.1 (older non-Unicore version - in fact I use them in pair when I need to). Static elongation of Jocker is huuuuuuge, this sometimes drives me mad. Nordwand doesn't have this "feature", so it is much easier for me (and my belayer) to rest while hanging.
Handling is superb, the sheath seems bomber so far, and Teflon finish is great. Not light, though.
The only downside is hard-to-see black center mark, because the rope is already dark. I wish they had the marks every 10m and fluorescent...
If only those ropes came in different color, I'd buy another one and retire my Jocker, but... no luck with that so far.
p.s. Backcountry, You have an error in your URL for this product. You missed "d".
Does anyone own this rope? I cant find a...
Does anyone own this rope? I cant find a single review on the interwebs.
Imagine an older 8.9 Serenity, only with more bomber sheath and a few grams per meter more. That's it.
Not that I know the static elongation of Serenity "in person", though.