- Detail Images
- Community Images
- Waterproof breathable Gore-Tex Pro Shell 3-Layer stretch fabric handles season upon season of use without adding weight to your alpine setup
- Three-point hood adjustment system (with horizontal and vertical drawstrings) make sure your hood fits with or without a helmet
- Reinforced hood shield stands up to strong wind gusts
- Powder skirt detaches for less waist bulk
- Frontreach sleeves move comfortably while you climb
- Underarm zips quickly dump excess heat
- Front pockets won't interfere with your harness or pack
- Switchback hook-and-loop cuff system fully seals your sleeves
Share your thoughts
This is the shoulder "pilling" where the inside Velcro patch rubs on the outside shoulder.
Great Look, meh... (poor?)QUALITY...
Man, I am saddened to write this review...
First off let me say I look of this coat, the look is sick, the function has been awesome, overall I was blown away by this coat...
For about 2 months.
Then I noticed the shoulder "pilling" where the inside Velcro patch rubs on the outside shoulder. An issue that could be solved by placing the Velcro patch on the opposite (ie left side) of the jacket. As it stands now the Velcro has created wear on what is essentially a almost brand new 650 dollar coat.
It is not a small issue, it is not just noticeable, but destructive of the face-fabric. For this price point, on Gore-Pro, after 2 months of use, this is completely unacceptable.
To top off the issue, I have been informed this is "normal" wear and tear, and not covered under warranty.... REALLY? On a 650 Gore-Pro shell? I've put an Arcteryx coat through 150 days of torture and it looks brand new
I'd say "save your money" but who wants to do that, if you need to pop on a six-hundred dollar coat go for it...
Just make sure it starts with an "Arc" and ends with an "treyx"
Well at least if you buy it here you can just stick bc.com with the return on this when it fails you and Mammut's no help at all....
(Read COMMENTS below, I am updating this review to reflect that)
the king of the jacket
this is the best jacket i have ever had..
Okay so it just started snowing in these parts tonight (CO front range) for the first time this fall. Also today my Nordwand Jkt showed up. Holy crap, this is the nicest thing I think I've ever bought. Fabric is so stretchy and supple but also feels really tough. Quality is top notch, as good as anything I've seen from the other couple of high end brands left. Fit, couldn't ask for a better one. Long list of features is extensive and all seem to have a purpose. Okay and the color is sick. Best orange I've seen. May have to go back for the pants to. Although may get divorced if I throw down for those. Actually... maybe need to get the wifey the equivalent w's jacket, also looks killer.