- Detail Images
As part of Mammut's technical Eiger Extreme lineup, the Men's Moench 1/2-Zip Pullover is the perfect first layer to reach for when you suit up for demanding ice and alpine routes. Made from super stretchy and quick-drying Polartec Power Stretch Pro, this pullover allows complete freedom of movement and is extra-soft next to the skin. The deep front zip provides ventilation and the thumb loops in the sleeves keep them from riding up while you're climbing.
- Super stretchy and fast-drying Polartec Power Stretch Pro is soft on the skin and perfect for a technical baselayer
- Deep front zip provides ventilation and easy on and off
- High collar with chin protector is comfy and protects the neck
- Flatlock seams allow this top to easily slide beneath layers
- Thumb loops on the sleeves prevent the sleeves from riding up during high-exertion activities
Share your thoughts
Stylish, comfy, warm...
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
Haven't been disappointed by Mammut gear...fit, quality and style all there. No probs with zip...probably suits alpine more than casual use...will probably buy the Eiswand for winter as a result.
Great shirt; uncomfortable neck
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I own several other Mammut products, including the kala pattar, and have been very pleased with the durability, warmth, and function. I put the Moench through a couple of bouldering sessions, and found that it does a good job as a midlayer (or an outer layer on a warmer day). However, for an otherwise soft and stretchy shirt, the zipper is incredibly rigid--it feels like a piece of bent metal running up my neck under my chin. When looking down or turning my head from side to side, the zipper gets in the way. When the zipper is all the way up, the neck of the shirt has almost no flexibility. It was enough of an annoyance that I decided to return it in exchange for the Eiswand.