- Detail Images
Fast and light Gore-Tex protection for multi-pitch routes.
Weighing in at just over ten ounces, the Mammut Felsturm Half-Zip Jacket is the perfect choice for big wall climbers who require full protection from wind and water without paying a weight penalty. The ergonomic Frontreach sleeves are designed to permit a full range of climbing movements, while the front pockets are easily accessed while wearing a pack or harness.
- Lightweight 3-layer Gore-Tex Active shell is exceptionally breathable while offering waterproof, wind-proof protection
- Fully taped seams keep wet conditions out
- Regular fit and Frontreach sleeves are ergonomically tailored to allow a full repertoire of climbing movements
- Front-accessed underarm zips provide temperature regulation
- Three-point hood adjustment system with a reinforced brim provides a precise fit with or without a helmet
- Jacket weighs in at just over ten ounces for fast and light alpine adventures
- Half-length zipper is attached directly to the outside the shell material to reduce weight, improve packability, and eliminate sewing puncture holes
- Zipper is set to the side to reduce chafing and irritation at the chin
- Front pockets are positioned to allow easy access when wearing a pack or harness
- Elastic at the hem and sleeves keeps snow and ice out
Share your thoughts
Great lightweight protection
Maybe I am the minority, but I love half zips. Fleece, Waterproof, insulated, I dig pullovers. Its like the jacket is giving you a light hug when things get scary. This jacket has proven its utility in unpredictable downpours deep in the woods of Germany. It packs into a small stuff sack that is included and I have not found an excuse to leave it home. When packed it is about the size of a soda can. I love the size of the pit zips, and the fact that the zipper closes diagonally across your chest so the zipper isn't infront of your nose when closed. The hood fits my climbing helmet well, and has a nice closure system on the back to keep it rolled out of the way when you don't want it flapping in the wind. Also has two elastic synchs on the hood for a closer fit. The arms are slightly longer than many other jackets allowing for greater range of motion.
Despite all the above features it is a minimalist jacket so you will not get:
-Pocket space. Only one pocket on the chest good enough for a small digital camera or some energy food.
-Adjustable wrist closure system. The wrists have an elastic closure which keeps the jacket closed, but you don't have any velcro for a more custom fit.
-Adjustable hem closure. Despite a narrow waist (+/-28") this stays snug at the waist keeping the wind out, but you don't have an elastic synch to adjust.
If you're using it for its designated purpose I can't imagine how it won't earn 5 stars, but this won't be your one and only waterproof jacket to cover all sports.
(Too bad its a discontinued model, hopefully it will come back for another season.)