- Detail Images
Jump headfirst into alpine and backcountry adventures.
Whether you're ice climbing, peak bagging, or skinning out to your favorite backcountry bowl, the Men's Mammut Base Jump Touring Pant has your lower half appropriately covered. The quick-drying Schoeller FTC shell fabric repels water and wicks moisture away to where it can evaporate, leaving you warm and dry. The fabric's stretch properties combine with the pre-shaped knees and regular fit to allow the full range of motion necessary for your alpine adventures.
- Schoeller FTC 3XDRY shell fabric repels water, is highly abrasion resistant, and effectively transfers internal moisture to the outside where it can evaporate
- The brushed reverse side of the fabric is soft on the skin and provides extra warmth on cold days
- ColdBlack treatment allows the dark colored pant to behave like a light color so you don't overheat when the sun is shining
- Side ventilation zips with mesh inserts allow for temperature regulation
- The regular fit, pre-shaped knees, and stretch properties of the shell fabric allow for a maximum range of motion
- Two side pockets and one seat pocket provide storage for essential items
- Durable reinforcement material protects the hem from sharp edges and ski boots
Share your thoughts
For that tall guy!
I gave this as a gift to my brother who is pushing 6'5 and an avid skier. He has told me he loves how comfortable these are, how the length is great for him and above all the stretch of the pant. He beats the hell out of his gear and so far this has been a killer pant and held up great for him! Can't go wrong with Mammut products.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
Ive been using this pant for ski touring and speed flying the past two years and it has well exceeded my expectations. i really like the fit. not skin tight but just loose enough. Just right for putting on a harness. The leg ventilation is great as well. one thing about the Schoeller fabric you should be careful with is contact with the hook side of velcro. it tends to pull on the fibers and give it a kind of fuzzy appearance but over all in my opinion not a big deal. they wick sweat and dry out very quickly. I am 5'9 at 145 fitting well in the size 30. I give these a five star.
I have looked at...
I have looked at Mammot and othersoft shell pants for bckcountry ski-touring. I am having trouble finding pants that fit. They seem to be all designed or very tall people and most all seem to be black which in all my past experience absorbs alot of heat especiaaly in sunny dry area like here in CO at 12000ft. My waist of pants in us34 and inseam is 29. How does the black not absorb absorb heat and warrant not to do so?