Magellan Explorist 610 United States GPS
Out and back with ease.
The Magellan eXplorist 610 United States GPS features touchscreen operation, highly detailed topographic maps, a built-in camera, and one seriously rugged and waterproof construction. Backpackers, geocachers, rescue personnel, and dedicated outdoor enthusiasts will find this unit accurate down to an impressive ten feet, and the 2D and 3D topographic maps allow for terrain navigation like none other. Mark your progress, reach the peak you were shooting for, snap a couple photos for posterity, and then follow the breadcrumb trail back home. Easy as pie, right?
- OneTouch touchscreen menu gives you quick, intuitive access to bookmarks, favorite places, waypoint functions, and searching
- Summit Series Topographic Mapping allows for either 2D or 3D viewing angles of roads and land use areas, adding further detail to your maps
- Preloaded topographic maps are based on 1:24,000 scale source maps and include contour lines, land use areas, trails, waterways, and points of interest like bike shops, fuel stations, potable water sources, and trailheads
- Paperless Geoaching allows you to download unique characteristics of popular, shared or pre-loaded geocaching spots so you can find the X that marks the spot
- Built-in digital camera features autofocus, 3.2-megapixel resolution, microphone, and speaker so you can record geo-referenced images and voice notes to share later
- Long 16-hour battery life uses two AA batteries and features a suspend mode in order to save battery while still GPS tracking