Lightweight, but strong and ready for your favorite winter trails.
- Ultraflex Pivot system absorbs shock, rotates on an axle, and features a rotation controller so the snowshoe swings back into position without banging your shin as you take a step
- Backcountry 3D-molded harness matches your foot’s shape and includes EVA padding to improve cushioning on hardpack
- Carbon steel toe crampon bites into the snow and ice with several multidirectional points
- V-Rail crampon under your heel provides extra security when ascending, descending, or traversing icy slopes
- Snowfree Surface design sheds snow from the deck so you can travel light through the woods
- Heel riser boosts your heel’s resting height so the shoe stays flush with the snow and so your calf doesn’t fatigue on steep ascents
- Versatile construction and universal design fits most male hikers between 75-200lbs
Share your thoughts
Not so great
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I recently used these snowshoes on some backcountry hiking. 3 days of 6-7 hours per day. Snow conditions were 3 ft of fresh powder with hard pack underneath. I was sinking in over my knee at each step with these snowshoes. Flotation not that great for me (I am 190 pounds, the shoes are supposed to be good up to 200 pounds). The other problem I had was the V-Rail crampon that runs around the exterior of the shoe. After 3 days both snowshoes had cracked rails on both sides. This resulted in the snowshoe being too bendy in the deep snow. The tail extensions were also problematic. One one of the shoes it was constantly falling off. I had to attach the extensions with wire to keep them on.
Overall not satisfied with these for back country conditions. They would be fine on trails though.
Outside Magazine...Gear they can't live without!
From Outside Magazine:
The Life List 2010
Louis Garneau Vector UX Trek 824 Snowshoes
On our 2010 Life List of gear we can't live without: Louis Garneau's Vector UX Trek 824 snowshoes.
A multipurpose, midsize snowshoe like Louis Garneau 's Vector UX Trek 824 can handle all conditions, from steep and icy hard-packed trails to blankets of fresh powder on frozen lakes.