Louis Garneau Freeshape FX Apex II Snowshoe - Women's
If your trail reaches the upper icy slopes, reach for the extra gripping-power of the Apex II.
Safely traverse icy slopes and trek over deep, soft snow with the Louis Garneau Women’s Freeshape FX Apex II Snowshoe under your foot. Attach the Apex II’s lightweight Freeshape aluminum frame and Ultra-Lightec deck to your hiking or winter boot with its mitten-friendly Twin Clip Light buckle system.
- Freeshape aluminum frame features an oval structure, like a big boot sole, so you don’t have to learn how to walk all over again in the snow
- Backcountry Plus aluminum front crampon includes several points to grip the snow below your toes and forefoot
- V-Rail crampon under your heel provides extra security when ascending, descending, or traversing icy slopes
- Freeflex Pivot system rotates on an axle so the shoe stays level with the snow and then swings back into position as you take a step
- The Ultra-Lightec deck flexes freely to improve shock absorption; decking retains its flex in temperatures down to minus 40 degrees Celsius (-40 degrees Fahrenheit)
- The Bent Tail provides a smoother stride, drags less, and makes backward steps easier
- Backcountry 3D-molded harness matches your foot’s shape and includes EVA padding to improve cushioning on hardpack
- Carbon steel toe crampon bites into the snow and ice with several multidirectional points
- Heel riser boosts your heel’s resting height so the shoe stays flush with the snow and so your calf doesn’t fatigue on steep ascents