- Community Images
For ridiculously deep days.
When the storm of the century subsides and leaves absurdly deep powder in its wake, you could go get your Dad's water skis out of the garage, or you can mount up the Liberty Mutant Ski. With an insane 149mm underfoot and fully rockered tip and tail, this ski is the truly unsinkable ship. You might not need the Mutant everyday, but on the days you do, this ski is simply heaven.
- Liberty's Bomb Rocker is fully rockered in the tip and tail for maximum float and has a slight camber underfoot for bite on the hardpack
- The handmade Bamboo Backbone core is lightweight, strong, and eco-friendly
- Fiber Reinforced Polymer mats under the binding area provide rigidity and better screw retention
- The Quadaxial Glass fiberglass weave gives the ski incredible torsional rigidity and easy longitudinal flex
- Proven sandwich laminate construction boosts performance and durability
- The 78-degree UHMW sidewalls provide increased edge grip and effortless turning
- 149mm underfoot provides flotation in the fluff ... obviously
- The HRC 48 edges feature an extra-wide profile and anchors which increase durability and ensure long life
- P-Tex 2000 sintered base provides a fast and durable connection to the snow
Share your thoughts
touring on the fat
my favourite toy
Imperial Star Destroyers
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I purchased 2013 Liberty Mutants 192cm with Marker Duke (large) bindings centered on cab forward towards the end of last season. Liberty rep was great answering questions with respects to cab forward vs standard. Standard left very little in tail length. I am 5'10" & 190lbs intermediate level. I've had the opportunity to ride them on powder & hard-pack back to the lift/parking lot and have done some exploring on them out of bounds. These skis are quite unique to me. Full reverse sidecut, twin pin tails and 149mm underfoot. Extremely maneuverable, extremely stable, obviously not an everyday ski but fantastic for powder conditions, can take a good deal of abuse -skied a rock garden and log field on them in very poor conditions, took a lot of RPG's but they surprisingly took minimal scratches. Went w/Dukes for two reasons: very light touring in beyond epic conditions and the Duke platform (connection base) matched up nicely to the 149mm underfoot. As a result, skis very very solid. Can't say enough good things about these monsters. Only downsides: weight when on the shoulders on extending booting & loud graphics that have been toned way way down for 2014.
best Pow Ski
Der Mutant ist nicht nur f�r besonders "deepe" Tage das beste Tool sondern ist f�r alle Schneebedingungen bei denen man auch nur etwas im Schnee einsinkt absolut zu empfehlen!!
Versucht es, ihr werdet Ski fahren f�r euch neu entdecken!
How stiff are these skis?
How stiff are these skis?
medium i would say! the Middle is pretty stiff but the tip and tail are softer !
Hi Can not find decent bidding for this...
Hi Can not find decent bidding for this skis or bidding which will allow me swap the brakes for 150 mm brakes...thanks.
you'll have to get the largest brake you can find and bend the legs of the break out till they reach around your ski. GOOD LUCK!
Tyrolia bindings (and their sister companies [Head, 4frnt, liberty, etc.]) can get a 150mm brake. Most retailers don't show it, but you can get it directly from them. I personally like the 4frnt deadbolt series, which you can get a 150mm brake with.