Select your style & size:Select options
Charge the steeps, surf the deeps.
Designed by legendary rider Matt Cummins for the bottomless snow and rowdy terrain of his Mt.Baker stomping grounds, the Lib Tech Black Powder Nootka C3 Snowboard is a freeride specialist that excels at carving down steep lines and slashing fresh snow all over the mountain. The board's tapered directional shape naturally sinks the rear end, keeping the nose up and planing across the deep stuff without it bogging down.
The Nootka's C3 profile is camber-dominant, with a subtle rocker between the feet that prevents the board from hanging up on turns or submerging under deep snow. This camber-dominant profile is ultra-precise for blasting powerful turns down the mountain without it flinching or feeling unnerving at high speeds. Think wide-radius turns across open bowls and dropping into steep alpine faces for the Nootka's preferred use.
The Nootka uses Lib's Magne-Traction edges for added hold across icy terrain, but with a subtle serration for a less grabby feel. The Aspen/Columbian Gold core maximizes speed and strength with its lightweight, strong wood fibers. Biax/triax fiberglass strikes a nice balance between high-speed response and playfulness at lower speeds. And to ensure plenty of speed across deep snow and low-angle stashes, the sintered base absorbs a ton of wax for low-friction glide.
- Aggressive freeride board for powder and steeps
- Tapered directional shape lends stability and float
- C3 profile is camber-dominant for powerful turning
- Subtle Magne-Traction edges hold without being grabby
- Aspen/Columbian Gold core is snappy and lightweight
- Internal Birch Sidewalls increase energy transfer
- Sintered base provides low-friction glide
- Lib Tech handcrafts boards in the USA
- Item #LBT006H