Ultralight and easy to pack.
Thanks to their carbon fiber construction and collapsible design, the LEKI Micro Vario Carbon Trekking Poles weigh a mere half-pound each and have a length of only 15 inches when packed. The push button and internal spring system ensure quick assembly and the super-strong Speed Lock system allows you to easily adjust the length, even while wearing thick gloves.
- Carbon fiber construction keeps the weight to just 8.25 ounces per pole
- Speed Lock system has the highest locking strength of any external system on the market and is easy to operate while wearing gloves in harsh weather conditions
- Pole provides 7.8 inches in length adjustment
- Aergon grip technology encourages a wide range of grip options and has a hollow shell cavity to keep weight to a minimum
- Push button system allows you to collapse the pole to a compact 15 inches
- Padded strap provides comfortable support and has a release function for safety
- Titanium sleeves provide a precise and secure connection of the sections
- Hardened carbide tip provides a secure grip on every type of terrain
Share your thoughts
Are these poles only for size 110-130?...
Are these poles only for size 110-130? Does Leki make the Micro Vario Carbon poles in a larger size range to accommodate taller folks?
Unfortunately these are only made in the 110-130cm size. According to the Leki sizing guide the 130cm is suitable for a person up to 6ft 2in in height.
You should take a look at the new SWIX Sonic R1 pole. They go up to 150cm. I had a chance to demo a pr at OR last winter and they were awesome! Not only are they lighter and way stiffer than my BD carbons, but the strap and the locking mechanism are way better. TGR has a great review on them. http://www.tetongravity.com/reviews/Swix-Sonic-R1115140-C-M1314-Adjustable-Touring-Poles-Review-346.htm