- Community Images
Utterly reliable trekking poles with length adjustment.
Leki's pole engineers are hikers too, and the lightening-fast adjustment system of the Khumbu Speed Lock Trekking Poles is proof. A simple, single-finger flip of a switch unlocks the shaft sections, and that very same lever locks the shaft back in place with rock-solid security so there's no drifting of length once you're pounding the trail again.
- Aluminum shaft flexes a high strength-to-weight ratio and reliable durability
- Ultrasonic finish makes the adjustable shaft sections slide with buttery-smooth action
- Rated for 55kg, the Speed Lock external locking system features the highest locking force of all external pole adjustment systems on the market
- Speed Lock allows for quick, one-handed adjustment while wearing gloves or when rain, ice, and snow have built up on the pole
- A small adjustment screw allows you to dial in lever tension and features a +/- indicator for foolproof adjustment
- Cortec grip helps to absorb shock from the trail, and it has a curvy, contoured grip that puts your hand in a slightly forward position that increases grip stability
- Screw-on baskets are easy to replace and easy to remove, and they provide increased stability in sand or loose terrain
- Tough carbide tip gives you superior holding strength on slippery surfaces
Share your thoughts
My Trusty Lekis
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've had these poles for three years. The flick lock system is second to none. It cranks down with plenty of force on the pole, and doesn't take bloody fingers or pliers to lock or unlock.
Lock tension is easily adjusted using a knife, spork, stick, rock, or even fingernail.
However, of all recommendations I can add... it would be the time I was heading up toward Thunderbolt Pass in Kings and was walking from one talus boulder to the next. I slipped slightly, my pack caught me off guard, and I began an awkward recovery so I wouldn't fall off the talus. I quickly caught myself on my trusty Leki poles, and watched as one slipped between two boulders and proceeded to bend nearly ten degree as it caught my weight. I pushed my weight on to the pole and regained balance. The pole still looks brand new. From that moment forward I was committed to Leki.
Best poles around. Period.
LEKI - Trekking Video 2013
LEKI - Funny Appalachian Trail
LEKI - Speed Lock
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Light weight, adjustable with one hand (which is very convenient while hiking), and sturdy. What more could you ask for?
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
These poles feel great. They are easily adjustable with great locking features. The
construction is heavy duty and will not bend under increased pressure. Once collapsed,
storage is easy.