The design is superseded only by its performance.
With its immaculate design and high level of performance, the Lamson Speedster Fly Reel is the fly fishing equivalent of an Italian sports car. The extra-large arbor and narrow spool result in an incredibly fast retrieval rate that eliminates line barreling and provides constant drag torque during the longest runs. Add in the super smooth conical drag system and shock-free roller clutch, and it's clear why the Speedster has few rivals.
- Patented Conical Drag system utilizes a pair of matched conical elements rather than the disk system commonly used in reels, the result is a super-smooth drag that is completely sealed from sand, grit, and moisture
- Torrington zero-lash roller clutch provides instant torque transmission without shocking the line and leader like a standard pawl clutch system
- Extra-large arbor design increases the width and circumference of the spool to eliminate line recoil memory, increase the rate of retrieval, and provide constant drag torque during even the longest runs
- Narrow spool eliminates line barreling
- Flush foot design lifts the center of mass for improved casting and accuracy
- CNC machined from 6061 aluminum and stainless steel for improved stiffness and strength
- Hard Alox Finish is an improved anodized finish that reduces porosity and increases coating thickness for unrivaled abrasion- and corrosion-resistance
- If you're buying a reel or spool and fly line, we'll be happy to rig it up for you, please give us a call at (855)-712-0513 for details