Affordable reels just got a whole lot better.
For a super-smooth reel that doesn't kill your fly-fishing budget for the season, turn to the Lamson Konic Reel. A fully-sealed conical drag system and stainless roller clutch setup features machined components and pressure-cast ALDC12 aluminum alloy spool and frame for a lightweight, quality reel you can count on while you sling fatties out of the river.
- Pressure-cast ALDC12 aluminum alloy spool and frame with machined internal parts deliver high quality, durability, and light weight
- Large arbor reel features a spool that's large in circumference and wide so that line is stored in a shallow layer
- Increased reel circumference provides high retrieve rate and eliminates line coil memory
- Wide, shallow line layer supplies little radius change as line is pulled from the reel (radius change results in constant drag torque during long runs) and eliminates the risk of tippets breaking due to drag force gain
- Drag system consists of a pair of precisely matched conical elements which are drawn together with spring tension to produce variable rates of smooth rotational braking
- Unique drag system seals the drag completely from moisture, salt, and grit, and since the mass of the drag elements is centralized, the spool's rotating mass is much lower which makes the reel more responsive to light drag settings
- Torrington zero-lash roller clutch relies on the locking effect of a number of ramps and rollers to achieve torque transmission so there are no 'teeth' or 'steps' to break off or wear out
- Zero-lash means instant engagement, which improves feel and eliminates 'spike' that the reel, line, and leader experience when a typical pawl clutch hooks up
- Anodized finish and a solid polyurethane coating resist gouging and abrasion
- Easy retrieve direction conversion and easy off, pull-style spool removal for convenience
- Please note: no oil or lubricant is to be used in or around the drag system—otherwise system may be adversely affected
Share your thoughts
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The Lamson Konic 2 is one great fly reel. The drag is second to none! One great fly reel for a great price!
Best drag for the price
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
These reels are the best you can get for the price. You won't find a better reel at around $100. If your looking for a reel to get you started that will last a long time the Konic will do. The drag system in this reel is comparable to that found in other Lamson reels that are well over $300. I've had one in my line up for almost 5 years now and it is banged up and bruised all over and still works just fine. It won't have the frame durability of The Guru, but has the same guts. If your looking for a cheep reel that you'll be stoked to fish- get a Konic.