Ideal for spey or switch casting with a variety of lines and maximum line control and reliability.
Lamson designed the Arx Fly Reel specifically for the spey and switch casting crowd. Its full-cage reel, unique design, and functional palming section ensure a smooth, trouble-free spey cast so you're not dealing with your shooting head or running line getting caught in any gaps of the reel.
- Full-cage reel eliminates the possibility of shooting head or running line from getting caught in any gaps
- Lamson designed the Arx drag and spin knobs to be free from any exposed gaps and moved the gap between the spool and frame to ensure smooth, trouble-free casting for the spey people
- Large arbor reel design enables the line to be stored in a shallow layer, provides high retrieve rate, eliminates line coil memory, and erases the risk of tippets breaking due to drag force gain
- Carefully milled on the bottom third of the reel, the Arx features a functional palming section so those who prefer to slow fish down by applying pressure to the spool will have an easier time of it
- Hard alox finish offers enhanced resistance to abrasion, impact, and corrosion
- Drag system features a pair of precisely matched conical elements which are drawn together with spring tension to produce variable rates of smooth rotational braking
- Centralized mass of the drag elements make the reel more responsive to light drag settings
- Drag system has been completely sealed from moisture, salt, and grit for increased durability and longevity
- Torrington zero-lash roller clutch relies on the locking effect of a number of ramps and rollers to achieve torque transmission
- Zero-lash feature means instant engagement and improves feel and eliminates "spike" that the reel, line, and leader experience when a typical pawl clutch hooks up
- Width: [Arx 3+] 1.2in; [Arx 3.5+ and 4+] 1.5in
- Recommended line (not included): [Arx 3+] +100ft 0.024in running line, +500 grain Skagit head, +10ft T-9 sink tip; [Arx 3.5+] +100ft 0.030in running line, +640 grain Skagit head, +12ft T-12 sink tip; [Arx 4+] +100ft 0.035 running line, +750 grain Skagit head, +18ft T-17 sink tip
- If you're buying a reel or spool and fly line, we'll be happy to rig it up for you, please give us a call at (855)-712-0513 for details