An aggressive all-arounder.
- P3 downturned performance
- Laser-cut leather and microfiber upper
- LaspoFlex midsole with medium stiffness
- S-Heel construction
- Vibram XS Edge sole
- Item #LSP008W
- Q & A
Love these shoes!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I was a big fan of the Miura VS (women's) before I came across these Otakis. My forefoot is on the wider side for a girl, so it's quite difficult for me to find properly sized, tight shoes with no deadspace, that don't also torture my pinky toe. These fit like a dream - so comfortable to wear for an aggressive profile (same last as Miura VS and Solutions), and yet despite the comfort are so powerful at everything - edging, heel hooking, smearing, vertical, overhang, sport, boulder, indoor, outdoor, you name it! I bought these along with a pair of my long-trusted Miuras intending to try out the new model and rotate the two on different climbing days, but a few weeks after the purchase I found myself consistently reaching for the Otakis when I go climbing, and my Miuras were beginning to collect dust.
- P3 power platform + XS Grip 2 rubber (not XS Edge in the Backcountry description) makes this stiff enough on the tiniest edges but sensitive enough to smear on very insecure dishes
- Very stable heel hooks
- Easy to put on and take off because the step-in is fairly wide
- Great colors
- If there is one thing I wish the Otakis had, it would be a more substantial toe-rubber patch for toe-hooking, the pattern on top of the shoe isn't really rubber - appears to be purely for aesthetic purposes
My sizing for reference:
- Otakis: size EU 34.5
- Street: women's size 6, EU 36
- Miura VS Women's: size 34.5 (latest versions)
- Skwama: size 34.5
you have the mens version specs here... womens version has xs grip