The right blend of performance and comfort.
The La Sportiva Jeckyl VS Climbing Shoe is an ideal choice for beginning and intermediate climbers who spend time at both the gym and the local cliff. Dual hook-and-loop straps make the shoe easy to pop on and off when you're working boulder problems, and the neutral profile provides enough comfort for longer multi-pitch adventures.
- Unlined leather uppers provide sensitivity, precision, and will stretch slightly over time for a custom fit
- Perforated side panel provides ventilation
- Dual hook-and-loop closure is secure and allows for easy on and off
- Vibram XS Edge rubber securely sticks to poor footholds
- Pointed toe easily fits in thin cracks and pockets
- Technical last has a neutral profile for enhanced comfort and all-around performance
- 1.1mm LaspoFlex midsole gives beginners the support they need yet is sensitive enough to perform as strength and technique improve
Share your thoughts
I know I'll have to just suck it up and...
I know I'll have to just suck it up and purchase these to know if they'll work for me, but can anyone tell me if they have a similar fit/sizing to another specific la sportiva shoe? I have Women's Muira's as my sending shoe. However I am looking for a flat last shoe that I can wear all day. I work at a rock wall and need something for setting or going between signing members in to showing them things on the wall.
Any chance they fit similar to Tarantula's? I do have access to try those on. Thanks in advance. (For reference, I wear a 37.5 on my Muira's and am a 40.5/41 in running shoes)
These are going to fit like the Nagos or the Mythos but they will be softer and stretch like the Cobras. It's going to be hard to compare these shoes against the Muiras since they are an aggressive shoe and have an completely different profile. The Muiras are going to be wider but have that asymetrical profile where thes are going to be straight and narrow.
With that all in mind, I feel you will probably want to get the same size for these or at most size down a half size.
These fit exactly the same as my mens tarantulas. I wear 9.5 in both. The same last is used for both styles.
Awesome all around climbing shoe
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs large
Everyone needs a comfy all around climbing shoe. This is it. The last is flat, and works well on almost everything except really overhanging sport routes. You have to size them small. The La Sportiva sizing is weird. I wear a 11.5 street shoe and got 9.5 in this shoe. It's tight at first, but loosens up pretty quick with the single layer of leather. I sped up the break in process by soaking them wet and wearing them around for the next hour while they dried. Now they are absolutely perfectly comfortable. The soles stick well and they feel great. Buy some.