Powder skied is powder earned.
- The mohair and nylon blend with HiGlide Treatment yields a great glide, reliable traction, and long-lasting durability
- Anti-glopping treatment means you don't have to apply wax or sprays
- A totally waterproof membrane between the weave and glue prevents water from absorbing into the fibers and weighing down your strides
- K2-designed Z-Clips easily stick into rivets in your ski tips and keep the ski in place
- K2-designed tail clip system uses a replaceable, adjustable TPU strap to secure the tail into your skis' notches without dragging it in the snow and slowing your pace
- Includes a skin bag and user manual
Share your thoughts
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I have used these skins twice so far.
The first time out was at Old Man Pass, WA on relatively flat terrain and trails that were groomed for nordic cross country skiing. I was out for about 1 hour on the skins and did not have problems with the glue holding to the ski base or becoming saturated. I wanted to check out the glide. The groomed snow was icy to sun softened, and the temperatures were warm in the mid 40's F. On the icy sections of trail, these skins were very grippy and offered almost no glide. On the sun softened sections there was much more glide.
The second time was on the Tilly Jane/Cooper Spur Trails, OR. These are trails offer steeper, moderate, and flatter grades for climbing. The snow conditions were wind scoured icy to drier snow blown into crusty depressions. Temperatures were in the mid 30's F, with plenty of wind above treeline. I found that the skins gave me plenty of grip on and glide even on moderate uphill grades. I had the skins on for about 3.5 hours and again did not experience problems with the glue keeping the skin on the ski or the skin becoming wet.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is the first La Sportiva product I cannot recommend. I just got back from 7 days of touring in deep cold powder and I could not get these skins to stay on my skis for more than a few hours forcing me to use tape. I think there is not enough glue on the edges of the skins and the snow is eventually lifting the skins off the base.I have only got 10 days of use on these skins since they were purchased and have always stored them in my extra fridge.