- Detail Images
- Community Images
Why plunk down for a new rack when you can improve what you've got?
You've never been too concerned about the size of your rack, but now that a fellow pair of mud-slingers want to join your DH road trip, you need the Kuat NV 2 Bike Add On to fit two more big bikes to your NV 2 Bike Rack.
- Note: Only compatible with the two-inch version of the NV-2 Bike Rack
- With this add-on, your NV holds up to four 40 pound bikes with 10 inches of space between bikes
- Heat-treated aluminum chassis withstands road abuse, folds up for storage, and tilts downward for access to your vehicle's trunk
- The front and rear tire ratchets fit 20-29in wheels, so you can be sure your big, bad machines are secure
- Extending frame supports reduce movement during bumpy dirty roads to prevent damage
- An integrated cable lock keep your prized machines from getting stolen in random truck-stop parking lots
Share your thoughts
Disappointed with Assembly required.
I will either return this unit or put it together as a 4 tray set-up for family trips and buy a 1-up as my daily driver. Still deciding.
I've had the same frustration as Steve Brain (below) putting together the original rack. Furthermore, I just got the add-on and am again frustrated that assembly will be a painful process. You have to remove one of the trays on the NV standard rack in order to put the add-on in. Then reassemble the rest of the trays afterward. I purchased the add-on so I could ""throw it on" in a pinch when I need to haul two bikes, but had no intention of keeping it on the entire time. I wrongly assumed it would be a quick take on/off. Boy was I wrong. I wish their mfg. specs were tighter so the bolts installed easier and also wish they would design the add-on with the mentality that people want to use it occasionally, but don't want to leave it permanently on. The rack is too large and heavy with 4 trays as a daily user. All that said, the rack performs amazingly once its together. Right now I'm debating whether to keep the add-on and keep together permanently as a 4 bike setup and then buy a 1-up or something smaller/lighter for my daily driving rack. The NV would sit in the garage until the big family trips. Would hate to do this, but painful assembly leaves little choice.
4 peas in a pod...two mountain bikes and two road bikes on our two week California adventure this summer.
Easy to install, works exactly as advertised. I can get 4 bikes on here of any type without any problem or finagling.
Difficult to install
This was a pain to add to my NV-2 rack. Poor quality finishing on the holes on the frame meant I had to file the burrs down before assembling. More details on my review of the Kuat NV-2.
I'm looking for a 4 bikes tray rack. If I...
I'm looking for a 4 bikes tray rack. If I make a decision on the Kuat NV, I have to order NV2 plus add 2, $529 + $329?