- Detail Images
With the OmniTrax Interchangeable Sole System, the Korkers Men's KGB Wading Boot has the ability to perform in every river you fish, regardless of what the river bottom looks like. Each model includes two different interchangeable outsoles, allowing you to choose felt, studs, or a sticky rubber sole to best suit the terrain. A high cuff with an integrated TPU cage provides maximum ankle stability, and the use of hydrophobic materials helps to reduce water retention and the spread of invasive species.
- Hydrophobic and waterproof materials reduce water retention for greater agility and help reduce the spread of invasive species
- Tall upper cuff has an integrated TPU cage for maximum stability on uneven terrain
- Locking lace grip at the ankle provides two different lace zones (toe to ankle and ankle to boot top) that allow you to adjust the fit and feel at both zones
- KGB mesh and drainage ports in the lowest areas of the boot allow water to quickly escape
- Impermeable rubber body and a 3D molded heel cap provide foot protection and increased durability
- Innovative OmniTrax Interchangeable Sole System allows you to quickly change outsoles to best match the terrain
- Each KGB model includes two interchangeable soles
- Model FB3615 includes a Vibram Idro Grip and Felt outsole
- Model FB3625 includes a Vibram Idro Grip and studded Vibram Idro Grip outsole
- Compatible with seven other OmniTrax outsole options (other options sold separately)
Share your thoughts
Do they run true to street size (as with...
Do they run true to street size (as with some other Korkers boots) or should I run with a size up? (I wear a 14.)
I would recommend that you size up 1 size for this boot. Since you are a 14 normally go with a 15 in the KGB. It will give you more room to get the stocking of your waders or wading socks in there without discomfort.
Good boots but durability is ???
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
These boots are really comfortable and provide decent ankle support if you can get them tight enough. Fit true to size (1 larger than normal shoes) but like others said may conflict slightly with waders because they're tall. I am now on my second pair and they have broken on the top eyelet as well, the one at the instep. When pulling the laces tight the small d-ring eyelet pulls apart at the seam which is behind the metal piece attached to the boot. So, good fit and comfort but beware of their durability. Luckily backcountry.com has a great return policy if you should have issues.
Korkers KGB Wading Boot - Men's
Very comfortable boots!
I've had these boots out twice now and they're the most comfortable boots I've used for hiking/standing in the water. I ordered 1/2 to 1 size larger than I typically wear (usually 11-11.5 and I ordered a 12) and they fit perfect. I am wearing them with a pair of last season's Patagonia Rio Gallegos waders with booties that are technically too small for my feet, but fit tight without any extra material. Had I purchased the waders with larger booties, I wouldn't have enough room in the boots. One downside is that because these boots are taller than most wading boots, the wader booties bunch up around my ankle under the tongue of the boot. As long as your pants don't get bunched up too, the boot can be tightened well enough that there's no rubbing or discomfort.
I would definitely recommend these to anyone that generally has sore feet after a day of fishing in wading boots. These are light, comfortable and drain water really well.
Do these boots feature Korker's TruFit,...
Do these boots feature Korker's TruFit, or do I need to order them one size larger than my standard shoe?
I spoke with Backcountry's customer service and was told that they run true to size, so I ordered one size up from my regular shoe size. I'll reply back once I get them home and try them on.
The ultimate wading boot!
These boots excel in every category. They are light, strong, and well put together. They drain very fast and very complete keeping them light for a long day on the water. The only downside that I found is some of the studs in the studded vibram soles came out after just a few uses. But rest assured, one email with some photos to Korkers and they sent me a free pair of soles free of charge, no questions asked! I believe that these boots will be my go to for a long time to come!