- Detail Images
- Named after legendary SUP athlete, Mel Puu, the Shaka Puu's roots run exceptionally deep
- At Mel's request, Kialoa donates a portion of Shaka Puu sales to the Makaha Junior Lifeguard Scholarship Program
- The T-grip handle features a slight forward curve for ease of paddle orientation
- Narrow, oval-shaped shaft requires less energy and offers more power transfer during your stroke
- To choose your paddle size, Kialoa recommends adding 8 to 10 inches to your height
- Made in the USA
Share your thoughts
So far I've paddled a few days with this and i must say, so far its great. Super light! Seems strong, the blade does flutter a bit, but I am new to this sport and cant really compare too much with others, although i have kayaked for years, and whitewater rafting. I think paddleing technique makes a difference in how this paddle performs. The stickers are coming off right away, but i dont care! Besides, Backcountry has a lifetime warranty. MADE IN USA!
I gave it 4 stars because i am still in the "trial" period. Hope this helps others....
I would say that if your worried about how much this paddle cost -- just know that it is worth every penny spent....there is a reason, and that is --- ultra light weight paddling. there's nothing like getting out to the middle of a lake and being too tired to paddle back because the equipment was too heavy. Honestly, the box that it was shipped in weighted more than the paddle.....