- Detail Images
Women-specific shoulder straps and hip-belt so your pack actually feels comfortable all day long.
The Kelty Women's Redwing 40 Backpack handles a long day hike or an overnight trip in the backcountry like an experienced pro. A plethora of pockets keeps your gear organized, a women-specific Lightbeam suspension system offers comfort, support, and an easy fit, and a full-access U-zipper works both as a top- and panel-loader for quick access to your gear.
- Lightbeam Fixed Suspension System provides an easy fit without excess weight
- Single aluminum stay connects to the hip-belt to give you direct load transfer, while the dual-density hip-belt improves load support and enhances overall carrying comfort
- HDPE frame sheet boosts support when you're carrying a heavy load
- Dynamic AirFlow back panel and AirMesh padded shoulder straps, hip-belt, and lumbar supply on-trail breathability and comfort to help keep you cool
- Hip-belt and load-lifter stabilizer straps and sternum strap help dial in the pack's fit
- Scherer Cinch uses a pulley-like system to double the tightening force on the hip-belt, which ensures that the brunt of the pack's weight rests on your hips and not on your shoulders
- 40-liter Redwing pack is built to haul enough gear for day travel or a quick overnight excursion in the backcountry
- Hybrid loading (full-access U zipper works as a top and panel loader) makes getting to your gear or puffy a cinch
- 420D polyester fabric and 450D polyester oxford reinforcement fabric throughout ensure durability and years of backpacking use and abuse
- Large front organization pocket stashes your trail map, headlamp, energy bars, and other small essentials
- Zippered side and stash pockets hold your water bottles or camera
- Ice-axe loop for your snowy high-mountain hiking pursuits, while a front daisy chain makes it easy to attach your sleeping pad or other items
- Carry handle and key fob for convenience when you travel
Share your thoughts
great mid-size backpack
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This is my first legit travel backpack, and I'm loving it. It's comfortable on my frame, and I'm a 5'5" size 16 female. I will say that I'm pretty much at the max length for the waist strap, so if you are larger that would be an issue. The pockets are useful, and I can fit a lot inside. I LOVE the blackberry color. At this point I've only used it on short weekend trips. If I have any issues with it on my longer travels, I'll update.
Heres the thing, I'm a man. i really like...
Heres the thing, I'm a man. i really like the redwing pack but the 44 and 50 liter are a bit to big for my needs. Im 6'5" and 175 lbs, would the fit on this pack be really bad for me and would that not be a problem. Otherwise are there other bags similar to this in the 35-40L range better for men?
Hey Man, Look into the Osprey Talon line of bags, the 33L could be just what you are looking for, or possibly the Gregory Z35. They are both much better bags then the redwing in my opinion, and while they are a tad bit more expensive, I think that in the long run the extra comfort, durability, and hiking friendly features of those two bags would more then offset any cost difference.
I certainly wouldn't recommend buying this bag, the fit of a woman's bag on someone of your size would certainly leave a lot to be desired as for as comfort goes.