Comfort for body and soul.
A three-season sleeping bag for less than the price of a cup of coffee? They said it couldn't be done. Well, they were right, but the Kelty Mistral 20-Degree Sleeping Bag is likely as close as anyone has come so far. The Mistral 20 will keep you toasty 275 days a year and won't give you that chilly feeling that notoriously follows a bout of buyer's remorse.
- CloudLoft insulation offers three-season comfort on camping and yurt trips
- Two-layer offset quilt construction to reduce cold spots
- Two-way zipper for easy entry and exit
- Anti-snag zippers for ease of use and damage prevention
- Can be fully unzipped and opened flat for use as a blanket for multiple campers
- Internal liner loops keep your bag liner in place
- Sleeping pad security loops keep your sleeping pad in place
- Hang loops for storage to maintain loft
- Pillow pocket keeps your pillow in place
- Zippered chest pocket for convenient storage of valuables
- Stuff sack included
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
First off the price is fantastic. Second, it's warm. The heating in my house is awful and in this -4 weather lately I have just taken to sleeping in my bag on top of my covers. I understand the bulkiness but seeing as I am a hammock camper I don't really mind. I think a compression sack will do the trick! I also REALLY like the pillow pocket feature and the sleeping pad loops. I can't wait to take it out on the trail!
Warm, but not compact
I purchased two of these bags for an overnight on the PCT. I bought them because the price was great, but regretted it when they arrived. They were very warm, and reasonably lightweight, but they were just incredibly bulky compared to most other backpacking bags. The stuff sacks they come with are not compression bags and the bags themselves have no straps or ties, so they fill more than half a medium sized backpack on their own. I'm sure they'd be good for winter weather.
How big of a stuff sack?
How big of a stuff sack?
The stuff sack is included with this bag - do you need another one?
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
purchased this bag as a replacement to an old LL Bean bag. It was a little too warm for the first week in September, but I just opened the zipper up, perfectly comfortable. Super fast delivery! My sleeping pad fit great into the pocket designed to hold it in place, no slipping at all, and I toss and turn a lot.
best part is the full zip so on the hot night you can use it as a blanket and get a cool night sleep./