- Detail Images
Three's comfortable company.
Take along not one but two backcountry buddies with the accommodating Kelty Gunnison 3.2 Tent. A smart and simple design lets you quickly set up this three-person, three-season freestanding home with just two poles and provides lightweight, ample sleeping room―no more squeezing into a two-person tent to save weight. The weather-resistant floor and fly and well-ventilated body keep your trio comfy and rested on the trail, and two doors and vestibules give you plenty of personal space. From warm summer nights in the desert to brisk fall backpacking trips to wet treks in the cloud forest, take along the third wheel, because the more is always merrier.
- Water-resistant, durable nylon fly and floor fabric feature fully taped seams for added protection from rain and soggy weather
- ArcEdge floor means the floor material extends a few inches up the tent walls to reduce seam-to-ground contact
- DAC Featherlite NSL poles keep weight to a minimum without sacrificing strength or durability
- Jake's Foot fly attachment utilizes a ball and socket design to keep the pole end in place during setup and easily pops out for take-down
- Dual doors make entry-exit hassle- and traffic-free
- Dual vestibules give you plenty of covered space for your gear
- Sleeps three people in a rectangle comfortably, so you don't have to sleep head-to-feet
- Trail weight comes in at 6lb, light for this level of affordability
- Mesh wall panels and fly vents increase airflow to decrease condensation and clamminess
- Footprint available separately
- Color-coded clips, two-pole design, swivel hub tech, Jake's Foot stakeouts, and Press Fit connectors make for a quick, easy setup every time
- Noiseless zipper pulls let you sneak out to the loo without waking everyone
- Internal storage pockets keep your flashlight, maps, and trail wares accessible
- Welded fly windows lets you check the weather from your sleeping bag
- Gear-loft loops enable you to hang your headlamp when it gets dark
Share your thoughts
Great tent for price!!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I stayed in a Kelty 2 and it was much smaller than this one. It wasn't the gunnison line. This tent is perfect for 2-3 people if you have gear you want to shelter as well. It is a bit heavier than a 2 or 1 person, but is expected with a 3 person tent. Will be getting a smaller one person tent for adventures without the kids. The tent seems to be great quality, the poles are super lite, and the material seems durable and not easily punctured. I use the footprint underneath it and seems to work well. I have used this car camping and backpacking. It is hard to beat the price on this tent compared to other alternatives.
I have a Kelty gunnison 3.2. What size...
I have a Kelty gunnison 3.2. What size compression sack is recommended ?thank you
Joe, I wouldn't use a compression sack as it could over compress your rain fly. It could cause permanent creases in it that will shorten its life. I have learned this through experience. I put my tent in my sleeping bag compartment and put my compressed bag in my main compartment. Need to set the tent before you get out your bag anyway. I have the Kaitum 3GT and also a gunnison 4. Love them both. I hope this helps, Ken