- Detail Images
- Community Images
Give your camping buddy space and simple protection.
Low weight, simple setup, and plenty of weather protection define a quality tent, and the Kelty Gunnison 2.2 Tent meets this criteria with style to boot. This freestanding backcountry shelter provides comfortable accommodation for two without breaking the bank, offering dual doors and vestibules so you each have personal space―nice on those long trips that can get claustrophobic. A quick and easy two-pole assembly takes no time, especially with the help of color-coded clips. Noiseless zippers and a fly window add luxurious, thoughtful convenience.
- Water-resistant, durable nylon fly and floor fabric feature fully taped seams for added protection from rain and soggy weather
- ArcEdge floor means the floor material extends a few inches up the tent walls to reduce seam-to-ground contact
- DAC Featherlite NSL poles keep weight to a minimum without sacrificing strength or durability
- Jake's Foot fly attachment utilizes a ball and socket design to keep the pole end in place during setup and easily pops out for take-down
- Dual doors make entry and exit hassle- and traffic-free
- Dual vestibules give you plenty of covered space for your gear
- Sleeps two people in a rectangle comfortably, so you don't have to sleep head-to-feet
- Trail weight comes in at 4lb 15oz, light for level of affordability
- Mesh wall panels and fly vents increase airflow to decrease condensation and clamminess
- Footprint available separately
- Color-coded clips, two-pole design, swivel hub tech, Jake's Foot stakeouts, and Press Fit connectors make for a quick, easy setup every time
- Noiseless zipper pulls let you sneak out to the loo without waking everyone
- Internal storage pockets keep your flashlight, maps, and trail wares accessible
- Welded fly windows lets you check the weather from your sleeping bag
- Gear-loft loops enable you to hang your headlamp when it gets dark
Share your thoughts
If you aren't hiking miles into the backcountry and super-concerned about weight, this tent is for you. It's roomy and comfortable, even with two people and gear. It's well ventilated. Mine has ceiling mesh, which is great when you want to lie down, avoid the pesky mosquitoes of SE united states, and stare at the stars. It can be set up and broken down in 1 minute. No hesitations on taking this one with me on any trip.