- Detail Images
- Community Images
Quality on-trail accommodations.
- Waterproof fly and floor fabric feature fully taped seams for added protection from rainstorms and soggy weather
- A single vestibule allows you more space for storage and protects your gear from the wet
- DAC Pressfit poles keep weight to a minimum without sacrificing strength or durability
- A color-coded clip construction helps make setting up the Mesa easy
- Mesh-wall panels and fly vents provide you with plenty of ventilation when camping in the desert or during the summer months
- Gear-loft loops provide you a place to hang your headlamp or attach an optional gear-loft basket (sold separately)
- Internal storage pockets help organize everyone’s on-hand essentials
- Noiseless zipper pulls won’t wake your partner when you have to empty your bladder in the middle of the night
- Footprint available separately
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I love this tent!, its pretty large for its carry load. Very managable.
Is the footprint for this tent not in stock...
Is the footprint for this tent not in stock or does it use a more general footprint that can be used on multiple tents
It does have a specific footprint but I do not see it available currently.
Kelty Grand Mesa 4
I'm really blown away by the quality and design of this tent. First of all, it has way more interior room than i imagined. They call it a four person and it is...though i'll mostly use it for 2. I'm 5'10"+ with boots on and i can step right into it.... slightly hunched over. Inside, there are plenty of gear loops and stash spots. The upper walls are all mesh and the door zippers slide smoothly. The rain-fly comes with taped seams and it connects with quick disconnect buckles(great feature). The fly also has an interesting covered vent in the back. It is held open by a piece of flexible wire that is sewn in. The design is such that It doesn't look like it will leak. The vestibule is large and the poles are super beefy aluminum. It all packs up into a sack about the size of a regular bedroll. This tent is a great buy and i really can't wait to use it.
Anyone have any experience with this in...
Anyone have any experience with this in the rain, Irish mist or a downpour? Seepage?
The fly is both coated and has taped seams. With the full-coverage fly, it should hold up in the heaviest weather.
Love this tent
I've never owned a tent before, but after using many different brands on different trips, I love this Kelty tent and very pleased that it's mine... and hopefully for a long time.
I've taken it on two trips now. It held up very well to harsh windy conditions in Moab and also in slightly damp mountain conditions in Colorado. Rainfly secures nicely and almost covers the entire tent, unlike many other designs. Zippers are smooth, easy to use and don't catch. The tent is super light and compacts decently well, perfect for car camping. And it is super spacious on the inside. I'm 5'3 and just about stand up at full height to change, which is a bonus. My boyfriend and I use this tent and it has lots of great pockets and plenty of room for our backpacks and other gear. You could comfortably fit a 3rd person, but I think a 4th would be tight.
Love the mesh as well. The whole top half of the tent is mesh, great for breezy nights and star gazing.
Glamping... Ready for the rain, still want it to air out
This tent worked great. Seal the seems (there are a lot of them) There is a seem that runs through the middle of the floor (front to back) on the left side. The factory tape was messed up. I sealed the heck out of it and had no problem.