Good luck convincing your feet to wear anything else.
- Gore elastic panels make it easy to take these foot pillows on and off, and they keep your slippers from flopping around
- Water-resistant uppers and natural rubber soles protect your feet when you wear these outside to chase the neighbor kids off your yard
- The KEEN.Cush memory foam footbeds are incredibly comfy mattresses for your feet
- Microfleece lining keeps your feet warm, cozy, and incredibly happy
Share your thoughts
so much $hipping...
I purchased these in a size 7.5 as I usually wear a 7. Even so, the slippers were too small and my toes hit the end of the inside of the slipper and it hurt. But to return them, I'd have to pay for return shipping and then for shipping on the size 8 pair and by that time, with all the shipping, they end up costing as much as a full priced pair. Boohoo. I will likely just return them and not buy another pair from Backcountry here.
Howser Wool Slipper
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Warm, comfy slipper with insole. Supportive like shoe, but also cozy like a slipper. Ok to wear to the mailbox but will last longer if not worn as winter or wet weather shoe. Fit is like Keen's early generation shoes. Width is in-between early generations (wide) and current styles (narrow). I'd recommend them. They are replacing my Haflinger wool clogs that separated.
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The opening to put your foot into these slippers runs VERY small and hard to get on. They are tight around the opening when you do get them on-hoping they will stretch some and get more comfortable. Sizing is average for Keen shoes once they are on-order slightly larger than your reg size.
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I'm a consistent size 8.5, and I couldn't get my TOES into the opening of the 8.5 slipper.
Are you able to wash them in the laundry?...
Are you able to wash them in the laundry? I walked thru something that must be fully removed.
I would recommend to hand wash it in cold water, use Woolite. Remove the insole before washing.
I bought these slippers because my co-worker absolutely loves them. This is a good slipper if you're looking for something that you can wear inside and outside. It's warm and snug and has a shoe-like sole. I have high arches and found the Keen Howser very difficult to get on. Once it was on, it was still tight around the bridge of my foot due to my high arch. I personally like slippers that you don't feel bad about when you put them up on the couch or the coffee table- these slippers felt too much like shoes to me and I didn't feel I could do that. I ended up returning them. I think they could be great depending on what you're looking for.