Give the little ones the same awesome footwear that you have.
Pint-sized hikers, just like adults, need tough and waterproof footwear, which is exactly what the Keen Girls' Alamosa Mid WP Hiking Boots provide. Small hands are able to easily tug on the tab at the top of the supportive, ankle-height cuff in order to help get the feet inside these, and then a simple pull on the drawcord lacing system tightens things up so that your kid's ready to hit the trail.
- Rugged leather uppers have been waterproofed to provide protection against the elements for your youngin'
- Waterproof breathable membrane inside this boot blocks moisture from the outside and allows sweaty vapor to escape from within
- Even for small hands, the Secure Fit lacing system makes it easy to snug these boots tight with a few quick pulls
- Non-marking rubber outsole provides grip outdoors and won't damage the scuff floor inside your house
Share your thoughts
So Far So Good
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
I picked these up for a seven year old and they are true to size. Support is basic; nothing really sturdy about them. Not necessarily bad, just don't expect a "backpacking" boot. They do have good breath-ability and typical Keen sole/material/construction. The heel material drops really low, I think to help facilitate getting in and out. The only down side is the lacing system. In typical Keen bungee style fashion, its more difficult to get the laces tighter as the shoe breaks in. Also you can't open the shoe up completely to get them on/ off (will probably need adult help). All in all good basic hiker for the Jr partners!