- Rugged leather uppers have been waterproofed to provide protection against the elements
- Waterproof breathable membrane inside this boot blocks moisture from the outside and allows sweaty vapor to escape from within
- Drop-In heel insert and removable metatomical footbed aid foot alignment and provide the support necessary for comfortable hiking on and off trail
- S3 heel support structure cradles your heel so, rather than your foot slipping forward when you're going downhill, your heel stays locked in place
- Combination EVA and PU midsole and TPU shank work together to create a stable platform underfoot so you can have confidence in loose or rocky terrain
- Rubber outsole uses multi-directional lugs that dig into the terrain for ample traction whether you're going uphill or down
Share your thoughts
KEEN Alamosa Mid WP Hiking
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
Love these shoes. The 2 locking lace cleats at the top of the shoe is quite an improvement. Now one does not have to pull the laces so tight and it makes the shoes much more comfortable. Keen are the best.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
I have inserts so have to have mids. These shoes are snug and fit great right out of the box. I have always loved Keen and Backcountry lets me easily afford them. I will let you know how they are in a year. But I have never had a problem with Keen and I hope they are smart enough to keep the quality up.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
Possibly my favorite pair of Keen hikers. These were shipped to me two weeks ago after a warranty claim on my Oregon PCT's that were just shy of 2 years old. I selected the Alamosa because of the weight and waterproofness. They are lighter than my Targhee Mids, more comfortable than my Bryce and more supportive than my Oregon PCT. I did about 60 miles in western Montana over the past 10 days - it rained every single day. Temps ranged from 39 to 70 degrees. Feet remained dry, absorbed shock of rocky trails, good traction over snow and streams. My feet did not "creep" when descending trails. Paired with Keen performance socks, I never overheated. After 60 miles, uppers show no signs of wear. Great boot for hiking in all terrain. Sizing is about 1/2 size small.