How the West was won.
The Kastle XX110 is Colby James West's signature powder ski of choice. The Hollowtech tip and tail are nicely complemented by the twintip design for park-inspired spin tricks thrown in the realm of natural features and deep fluff. Regardless of whether you're actually waist-deep in the world-famous powder of the west or hunting soft turns on your home hill, the twin-rockered XX110 will prove to be a winner.
- Early-rise rockered tip and tail with a low camber underfoot provide hook-free powder flotation
- Full twintip design encourages you to take your switch tricks from the park to the powder realm
- A full wood core of beech and poplar offers optimal performance and vibration dampening
- A rubber layer serves to further absorb shock and vibration for an extra smooth ride
- Tested and proven sandwich construction provides high-end performance and durability
- ABS sidewalls are durable, and they reduce shock which lessens the chances of edge damage
- Dual Hollowtech technology removes an oval-shaped section of material from the tip and tail and leaves only an opaque sheet of fiberglass, which reduces weight by 15% for faster spins, improved edge tracking, and a smooth ride
- 110mm underfoot makes this fat ski a playful powder machine
- A moderate sidecut allows the XX110 to thrive off-piste and carve up the hardpack
Share your thoughts
What kind of skins should i get for this...
What kind of skins should i get for this ski?
The skins you need will largely depend upon your style of ski touring and the climate you live in.
Mohair boasts the best glide as it is a natural fiber. It does break down faster than nylon however. These are best for long approaches or lengthy tours.
Nylon grips a bit better and offers great traction, but it is heavier than mohair. They also do not glide as well as mohair skins will, nor do they pack down as small.
It's really a matter of personal preference. I use a Mohair/nylon mix, and that has been working really great for me.
For more advice, feel free to chat or call in and speak to our Gearheads!
Kaestle quality, fun and playful
If you a looking for a fun ski for the backcountry or the resort that handles powder and tricks this is what you are looking for. It's so much fun on a powder day! A bit softer than say the BMX108 and more playful for those that might want to hit some backcountry booters as well!