A neutral shoe with a full contact sole and an overachieving personality.
- Air mesh upper is pre-molded before the stitching process begins during construction, so the Fast2 offers a seamless, smooth shape from the toe to the achilles
- Open-face mesh breathes easily to help keep your foot cool even when the heat is on during scorching summers
- Compression-molded EVA creates Karhu's stiffest fulcrum and a medium-stiff midsole at 77 and 53 durometer ratings, respectively
- Revamped Fulcrum Technology moves the fulcrum point forward, towards the middle of the foot so the transition from heel to toe is efficient and powerful
- An elastic EVA forefoot insert has an hourglass shape that aligns with the metatarsal heads for support and cushioning when you push off your toes
- Blended rubber sole provides full contact with the ground, ample traction, and supreme forefoot cushioning for runners who tend to move on their toes
- Welded eyelets, logos, and protective toe tip eliminate the need for stitches that would decrease long-term durability and potentially cause foot irritation
Share your thoughts
Great if Transitioning to forefoot running style
The fulcrum wedge is a great aid in training to run in a more forefoot style, which is a more efficient, stronger stride. I found it really great on longer runs, when my form would degrade a bit, the wedge still forced an efficient stride. The wedge takes a bit to get used to, but I barely noticed it after a few nice long runs. Just enough padding (may be too much if you're into the barefoot movement), but not so much that you can't feel the road.
I'm all for flashy, but be prepared for a ton of "Wow, those are bright shoes!" comments.
Great Road Runner
I normally run trails in La Sportive Wildcats so making the transition to a road runner took a few runs but I love this shoe. Very light breathable upper, good neutral platform that lets you feel the road. Definitely notice and like the fulcrum tech that gets you moving forward. I don't normally run roads, but when I do I prefer the Karhu Fast2. Stay thirsty my friends. (I normally wear size 12 in Sportiva's, I went 11.5 in the Karhu's)