Take your show on the road—to the sidecountry or far into the backcountry.
Take a hard line with the K2 SideShow Ski. Many in the Western US will look at this ski as a high-performance touring or AT ski, and many in the Eastern US will treat this stick as an all-mountain crusher. A moderate waist lets you lay trenches in the hard stuff, metal laminate construction means stability and powerful edging, and All-Terrain Rocker lifts the tip and tail to help you ride high on powder days. The SideShow ski is equally capable ripping bulletproof groomers, muscling through corn snow in the sidecountry, or floating on mixed-density powder found just off the skin track.
- All-Terrain Rocker tip gives this ski a 30/70 rocker-to-camber balance in order to ease edge transition, lift the tip above soft and choppy snow, and aid overall ski maneuverability
- Camber along the rest of the ski provides precise and steadfast power and edge hold on hard, groomed surfaces
- An energetic combination of aspen, paulownia, and maple wood core materials makes this ski nimble, lightening fast edge-to-edge, and consistently snappy from tip to tail
- Metal laminate is K2’s most complex construction, and it creates a high-performance platform that’s stiff, damp, and stable at speed
- TNC metal laminate construction consists of a full-length sheet of Titanal metal above the wood core that's designed specifically for Backside series skis
- TNC metal laminate construction is the lighter-weight version of K2's traditional metal laminate construction
- Hybritech Sidewalls blend sidewall and cap construction to give this ski both the power and edging accuracy of sidewall construction and the lightweight feel and smooth turn initiation of cap construction
- 90mm waist is wide enough to bust through crud at speed without deflecting and just wide enough to provide some float in powder, and you can still make quick edge changes as needed
- Progressive sidecut is more aggressively shaped from the tip to the waist than it is from the waist to the tail
- This progressive shape allows you to drive the front of the ski deep into the turn and lengthen and relax the end of the turn for more speed control or maneuverability in tight terrain
- Flat tail allows for easier attachment of a climbing skin and provides utility by allowing you to plunge the tail into the snow to form an anchor with your ski
- Screw out the Tip and Tail hardware rivets and attach a K2 climbing skin to the ski using the integrated attachments that eliminate the ever-clumsy tip clip