With a simple flip of a lever, the shaft of the K2 LockJaw ALU Pole unlocks so you can adjust the length of this pole up to 55cm—split boarders and backcountry skiers, we can see you frothing at the mouth. This aluminum pole shares many of the avy-friendly features that the other poles in K2's LockJaw family have, but this one is a little more friendly on the ol' piggy bank.
- Aluminum shaft is lightweight and highly durable
- Flip open the lever of the LockJaw2 adjustment mechanism, adjust your pole sections to the length you want, and flip the lever closed to lock the over-center cam down securely
- Bubble vial inclinometer is built into the handle of the pole so you can get quick slope angle measurements
- Snow-depth ruler is marked onto the shaft of this pole
- Dual-injection grip design features a small core covered with soft outer layer material that enables you to maintain a comfortable, secure hand hold
- Sewn Ergo Strap offers a superior hold on your pole and feels comfortable around your wrist
Share your thoughts
Solid and Stable
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've heard that some adjustable poles can have some play at the joints/clamps, or have some chances of slipping. Not these bad boys though. They were solid all around the slopes. Unrelated, I tore my ACL while on a ski trip, and could barely put any weight on that leg while walking around. I had these with me, and though they aren't quite crutches, they were extremely helpful. I could even put most of my weight on one pole with no slipping or anything. Once the knee heals, I'm looking forward to making a lot better use of them than as crutches.
I'd give them 5 stars, but they aren't the lightest poles in the world, and fully stowed they aren't especially compact. Compact enough to strap to a pack or to store away somewhere, and a great value, especially with the inclinometer and ruler.