Toss that skin-trimming tool in your junk drawer because the K2 DarkSide Climbing Skins are pre-cut to match your K2 DarkSide skis, and that's going to save you some serious hassle. Your DarkSide skis already have holes in the tips (behind that rivet hardware) that are designed specifically to accommodate compatible K2 Z-Clip attachments. All you have to do is clip the tip, adjust the tail to length, and get sliding up the hill. See, climbing skins are nothing to be afraid of (unlike yetis).
- Pre-trimmed skins extinguish the hassle of measuring, cutting, and fitting your skins to your skis
- Z Clip attaches to the ski tip hole and eliminates the skin fold-over required with typical D rings
- Adjustable tail strap clip secures to the ski tail hole and rests on top of the ski to reduce the friction caused by clips dragging in the snow
- Includes mesh storage sheets that save the glue on your skins, instructions, and a handy-dandy storage bag
- Note: only fits K2 DarkSide Skis
Share your thoughts
these skins suck
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
allthough i'm pretty impressed that the tail clips did not come off once with over 100 days of touring everything else about these skins sucks. they don't glide, the glue is terrible and the tip connection lets lots of snow inbetween the skis and the skin because it only connects at 1 point in the middle. if you have these skins you'll need a big roll of hockey tape to keep them attatched to your skis if you want to tour for more than half an hour... : (
too bad because the darksides are an amazing ski
Can I trim to fit my 12 obsethed 189 ??...
Can I trim to fit my 12 obsethed 189 ?? It is smaller then the K2 darkside. Obsethed skins are sold out everywhere!