- Detail Images
- Community Images
Get the benefits of interchangeable lenses without any interchanging.
You don’t have time to fuss with interchangeable lenses when you’re out on the trail, so pull on the photochromic Julbo Run Sunglasses and enjoy the self-adjusting photochromic tint of the Zebra lenses. Built with the trail runner and mountain biker in mind, the Run features a sturdy, helmet-compatible acetate frame and scratch-resistant, anti-fog lenses that adjust with changing light conditions. The wide wrapping profile gives you an increased field of view, and shock-absorbing nose and temple pads help these shades stay put on rough trails. Why swap out lenses with every lap? Just sit back and let the Run Sunglasses do all the work.
- Zebra lens is photochromic and features an antifog coating that make it incredible versatile in a variety of weather conditions and lighting
- Photochromic lens gets darker or lighter in accordance with the ambient light intensity so you always have the right lens for the job (change happens in between 22-28 seconds)
- Anti-fog coating repels condensation so sweat and environmental moisture won't cloud your lenses
- Wrap-Around frame shape offers great peripheral vision and protection from the sun's harmful rays
- Curved wrapping temples are shaped and cut for better hold when you have to make sudden and repeated movements
- Nose grippers keep these shades from slipping off your face even when you're sweating and moving fast
- Sipe Grip Tech uses soft, sculpted temple inserts that help these shades grip your ears and the sides of your face so they can't slip off
Share your thoughts
Great ski touring glasses
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
Used these ski touring... great from going from shaded starts all the way through to direct sunlight. I found they dealt with the changing light conditions great. Mostly the anti-fog coating seemed to work - only thwarted when boot-packing up a couloir in cloud... otherwise had no problem fogging when skinning or hiking.
Julbo Zebra Lens Details
Zebra is the lens of choice!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I have a relatively large face and these things fit incredibly well and offer full coverage. I use them climbing, hiking and skiing and absolutely love them. The zebra lens works really well for me. Some may find they dont get dark enough fast enough. I find that I can climb all day in them on rock or ice and never take them off. The nice thing about the lens is I can be ice climbing on a north face and still see everything. I can be rock climbing in the sun and still see into the crack to place gear. I can be approaching at dawn or descending at dusk and still see my feet. No more fiddling with taking glasses off. The anti fog works well too although gives quite the texture to the inside of the lens which can make cleaning awkward. The only thing they're missing is a neck keeper. The Pipeline has this feature and MAY be a better option. Julbo has several glasses of all different sizes with this lens so find something that fits your face and GO!
Do they get dark enough in full sun for...
Do they get dark enough in full sun for use on the water and light enough at night for motorcycling? I mtn bike, trail run, kayak and motorcycle and have yet to find a pair of glasses that will do it all.
I can't imagine anything will do it all except for a true transitions lens. These lenses are cat 2 to 4 so they will get dark enough for glacier travel and light enough for early morning and late evening or cloudy days when you normally would not wear sunglasses. They are definitely not light enough for full darkness. Also, the transitions lenses do not work behind a windshield so I'm not sure they will work behind a motorcycle helmet wind screen (if your helmet has one).
Hi, Do you ship to Sydney, Australia &...
Hi, Do you ship to Sydney, Australia & what would be the cost?Thank you
They ship to Australia for sure. You'll get a much more accurate rate if you get on "live chat" and ask them. These are great glasses. You'll love 'em!