Minimal weight, maximum function.
Fully-featured, yet ridiculously lightweight, the Jones Minimalist 35L Backpack is a touring pack designed for riders who want to go higher, deeper, and further in the backcountry. It may weigh in at least than three pounds, but it's equipped with everything you need for long day tours, and it's highly packable so you can even tote it along as a second pack for multi-day trips.
New for 2017 is a side-access zipper that makes it quicker and easier than ever to get to your gear. Ripstop fabrics and a lightweight aluminum frame keep the overall weight to a minimum while still ensuring that the Minimalist can handle heavy loads. Multiple board carry options include an A-frame mode that holds your split skis, a vertical solid board carry for bootpacking, and a horizontal board carry for sled missions. The thermo-molded back panel and ergonomic shoulder straps offer comfort when you're logging serious miles with your own two feet.
The insulated hydration sleeve prevents your water supply from freezing up in the frozen wilderness. Multiple gear loops and dual ice axe loops keep important gear close at hand. Top and side compression straps help you manage large loads, and the top lid is removable for when you're trying to shave every possible ounce. A helmet holder stores your brain bucket on long approaches, and hip belt pockets offer easy access to snacks and gels when you're on the go.
- Ultralight pack loaded with touring-specific features
- Sized for single day tours in the backcountry
- Tough ripstop fabrics made from recycled fibers
- Aluminum frame distributes weight efficiently
- Multiple board and split-ski carry options
- New side-zip access to main compartment
- Thermomolded back panel for comfort
- Removable top lid shaves ounces when it counts
- Item #JSB005A