- Detail Images
Large, powerful, and ready for all the tasty vittles you can handle.
- FluxRing heat exchanger system maximizes fuel efficiency and promotes even heating by uniformly distributing flame along the bottom of the cup
- Thermo-Regulate technology keeps a consistent heat to 20 degrees Fahrenheit for easy cooking
- Adjustable burner is surrounded by a windscreen to reduce heat loss and improve fuel efficiency
- The 1.8-liter, aluminum cooking cup is ultralight, transfers heat efficiently, and cleans up fast
- Neoprene cozy designed to stay in place while stove is in use; increases heat retention and improves cooking efficiency
- Push-button ignition and wire heat adjuster make stove operation simple and quick
- Included fuel canister stabilizer attaches to the bottom of your fuel canister to enhance stability
- Clear measuring cup with graduated lines unsnaps from the bottom of the cooking cup for greater precision when preparing meals or hot drinks
- Larger groups can take advantage of a variety of pot sizes while smaller groups can easily downsize (additional pots sold separately)
- Jetboil fuel canisters (sold separately) are light and provide ample burn time, and they simply screw onto the bottom of this stove to keep things mess-free
Share your thoughts
Super big pot. Great for a few people eating lots after long hikes .. Its overkill for 1 person but perfect for a small small group of 2-3. JetBoil is the best you can get. you'll never be disappointed.
Which companion cups fit on the burner?
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I just got the Sumo, this thing is awesome. If im going out alone and want a smaller cup, will they fit. Which companion cups fit on the Sumo burner?
No longer comes with pot support
Ordered from Steep & Cheap and the pot support wasn't included. The box shows "Compact Storage" and how to store with support and the instructions show the support and how to use it. So, it looks like it was to be included even though there is no "What's in the box" section saying for sure. I called JetBoil and they said it's not included effective the Summer of 2013, but sent me one free anyways (Excellent Service).
Will this work with the coffee press? Is...
Will this work with the coffee press? Is its diameter the same as the Flash?
Unfortunately it will not work with the Sumo since the diameter of the Sumo is too large to make a seal with the press and the grounds. The press only works with the Flash and PCS lines (Sol, Zip, etc.).
Great - boils quickly and does the job
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
My family of four is well taken care of with this.
It made me a believer
I resisted getting a JetBoil for years as so people raved about them to the point of religious zealotry, which scared me off. Now that I have one... watch out - you can't shut me up either. :)
JetBoils in general are amazingly efficient stoves, and for boiling water they almost approach the speed of a microwave - superfast. And, they also do it with very little fuel. I couldn't believe the 1oz per person per day stats, but after taking it on an eight day river trip with an 8oz canister, I can vouch for it.
All that said, they work best for boiling water in warmish weather and I would not take one on an extended Alaskan ski trip where you are melting snow for hours on end.
Perfect for families
- Gender: Male
We have a family of 5 - and there's enough room in this baby for coffee and hot cocoa for everyone. Love this guy!