Everything you need at a price you can afford.
You've committed to an overnight backpacking trip, and now you need to find a comfortable pack that won't break the bank. Look no further than the modestly priced and fully featured JanSport Katahdin 40L Backpack. The EVA foam back panel, hip-belt, and shoulder straps provide the comfort you need for a long day on the trail while the top-loading main compartment has ample space to stow your sleeping gear.
- EVA foam back panel provides support and comfort for long days on the trail
- EVA padded hip-belt and breathable EVA shoulder straps help you to comfortably shoulder heavy loads
- Top access with a compression lid makes for easy and secure packing
- 600 denier polyester fabric gives the pack trail-worthy durability
- Hydration sleeve, port, and tube management on the shoulder straps help you to stay hydrated
- Side compression straps help to balance the load
- Front stash pocket keeps a rain jacket or other essentials close at hand
- Dual water bottle pockets keep fluids close at hand
- Reflective details increase low light visibility
Share your thoughts
THUMBS DOWN JANSPORT
- Gender: Female
I have purchased many Jansport bags, and this was the worst one I have ever seen. First the material was a very poor quality. And I am sure not waterproof. I work out doors so thats is the biggest complaint. The shoulder straps had zero padding. The waist belt did not have loops to hide all of the excesse straps after you adjust it to your waist size. so they are just hanging, which can be hazardous in my profession. I bought it to use for work to carry around the numerous books and gear I must have at work. The size was perfect. But not up to my standards. After one day of use I decided to return it in exchange for a Deuter Futura 24. Also it is hydration capable, but the reservoir is not seperate from all of te items thats inside the bags. the area for the reservoir is more like how you see in a laptop book bag. So for sure the moisture and condensation from the hydration pack would wet my stuff and yes soak the bag from the inside out. The buckles are so flemsy I think if I would of kept it they would be broken in just a few weeks. The quality of this bag was extremly poor. The equivalent of a cheap 20.00 bag you would buy from BAGMAN in NYC on 34th Steet. Jansport needs to stick to school back packs and duffle bags.