Flattering, curvaceous down jacket with Mother Nature's best insulation.
The Isis Women’s Slipstream Down Jacket proves that you don’t have to sacrifice style to have technically sound cold-weather protection. Low-profile, lightweight 800-fill down catches your body heat on the most frigid days on the slopes while its shapely quilted pattern will catch the eyes of your friends in the lodge.
- DWR finish helps shed light snow, sleet, and rain when you dodge out the car and into the supermarket
- Anti-static polyester fabric reduces static cling, while the Slipstream's strong, durable polyester ripstop exterior provides a smooth outer layer that layers easily beneath your shell
- 800-fill power down insulation offers solid warmth and comfort when you layer beneath your winter shell or wear alone during excursions around town
- Curvaceous quilting pattern and feminine cut supply a flattering winter fit
- Reverse coil front zip with no-snag flap, zipper garage, and velvet-lined collar for comfort and convenience
- Lycra cuffs and a drawcord hem seal in warmth and block out the snow and cold
- Invisible zippered hand pockets and an internal zippered mesh security pocket with earphone portal stash your cell and tunes
Share your thoughts
stylish and warm
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs large
Bought this for my 21 yr old daughter and she loves it. Wears it all the time. Says it's perfect alone for around town use and as an underlayer when she works teaching skiing at Sugarloaf Mt in Maine. She commented on how she likes the unique look of the Isis jacket compared to other brands. My younger (15 yr old) daughter is constantly trying to borrow it. :-)
She's 5'11" and usually wears an L but had to return that and get a M which fits perfect. The return was easy and prompt. The only hitch was she had to switch to a different color to downsize.
Would this jacket be good for mountaineering?...
Would this jacket be good for mountaineering? And maybe some climbing?
The Isis Slipstream jacket is a good midweight insulating layer that can be used casually or for climbing pursuits. It is likely not warm enough as a single puffy layer for winter mountaineering or ice climbing, but can be used under a shell to provide warmth during slower, technical climbing sections that involve movement for a pitch then stopping at the belay. For quicker, more constant movement this jacket may be too warm and can be used as quick insulating piece during short snack breaks in moderate conditions. Overall, the Isis Slipstream is a versatile jacket that can be used for layering during a variety of winter adventures and still look good at a chilly evening downtown.