- Detail Images
Low, lightweight, and made to move fast on the dirt.
Competitive trail runners take notice: the Inov 8 Men's X-Talon 190 Trail Running Shoe is a weapon of speed and efficiency. Streamlined construction makes this low-drop trail shoe feel lightweight and swift, and minimalist cushioning allows your foot to flex naturally so you're nimble on your feet. Inov 8 even gave this Icarus-esque footwear massive sole lugs for superior traction in loose terrain and breezy uppers to keep your toes cool in case you get a little too close to the sun—won't it feel nice to feel like you're flying?
- Performance fit means that this shoe feels snug and close to your foot
- Synthetic uppers allow air to circulate through this shoe so your foot stays cool on hot days
- TPU provides additional support to the upper, which helps keep your foot in place when you're ascending or descending steep sections of trail
- Mesh lining feels smooth against your foot and dries quickly after you work up a sweat
- 3mm footbed provides minimal cushioning between your foot and the sole
- Midsole uses injected EVA that helps the sole retain its shape and absorb impact
- Level One Shoc-Zone cushioning is Inov 8's lightest cushioning, designed to give you the best feel of the trail and provide impact absorption
- Low 3mm heel-to-toe drop allows for the most natural foot roll during your stride
- X-Talon sole uses a sticky rubber compound for traction on hard surfaces and massive sole lugs for traction on loose surfaces
Share your thoughts
Light and flexible with lots of traction
I've run about 50 miles in these over the last month, and overall am very impressed. They are purpose built to give great traction on soft, loose, or muddy surfaces. And they provide adequate protection, but not excessive. Just don't expect to use them on pavement or even hard-packed trails.
They are very light and flexible, putting them squarely in the minimalist category (which is just what I was looking for). The lugs on the sole are extremely large and widely spaced, almost to the point of being cleats. This makes them fantastic on anything soft, loose, or muddy. But on anything hard you can feel each individual lug with every step.
One thing that was very impressive. The spacing between the lugs allowed mud to fall of easily. It can still accumulate, but not as badly as on your typical running shoe.
The one downside for me (which could be good for others) is that the forefoot is fairly narrow. That makes it a 4 star shoe for me, but again, this could be a feature for someone else.