- Detail Images
Talon-like traction for off-road, minimalist runners.
You might think of Inov-8 primarily as a maker of road-running shoes but that couldn't be further from the truth. Trail running shoes like the Men's Mudclaw 300 prove Inov-8's dedication to natural running, both on the road and off. Heel to toe, this is an aggressive shoe for tackling steep, slippery ascents and fast, flowing descents. A precise fit keeps this shoe close to your foot, an articulated shank allows the midsole to flex and adapt to uneven terrain, moderate cushioning soaks up rough impacts, and thick outsole lugs dig deep into the dirt. Innov-8 suggest that this low-drop (6mm) trail shoe is ideal for short- to mid-distance training for intermediate minimalists, and ideal for longer distances if you're an experienced minimalist runner.
- Precise Fit is snug, close to the foot, and designed to eliminate foot movement inside the shoe
- Synthetic upper utilizes TPU overlays to support and protect your foot
- Meta-Shank 1 is an articulated structure aligned with the movement of your metatarsals to allow the midsole to flex and adapt to the terrain beneath your foot
- This articulated-shank structure improves traction and stability while offering additional impact protection
- Moderate 6mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) allows for smooth transitions between heel, midfoot, and forefoot striking styles
- Mudclaw features thick, aggressive studs to dig into mud and loose terrain
- Sticky Compound rubber is derived from the same grippy rubber used in climbing shoes
Share your thoughts
is the tongue of the shoe attached to the...
is the tongue of the shoe attached to the sides? I have tried a few different shoes, I like the New Balance Minumus because the tongue is attached to the sides so no little rocks get into the shoe.
should be considered cheating
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I ordered these shoes several weeks before the SC Beast so I could break them in and get comfortable running in them. That took about 2.5 seconds. I've never had such instantly comfortable shoes in my life. They reminded me of football cleats, though they felt light as running shoes. They aren't the lightest things in the world but they more than compensate with the transaction they provide. Scaling muddy inclines and descending slippery ravines was never a problem. If you've ever driven a 4x4 vehicle in the midst of a bad snowstorm...that's exactly what these are like. While others slip, slide and fall down, you'll have no such concerns. It's borderline cheating.