Charges with the agility and confidence of a possessed mountain goat.
- Traditional camber allows for optimal edge control when your standing on top of a bottomless couloir
- Sandwich construction strengthens torsional rigidity and will suck up cruddy backcountry chunder
- A fiberglass-wrapped poplar core improves durability and gives you some extra snap when whipping through tight trees
- Shorter-than-normal length to encourage an agile riding style that gives you the freedom to explore
- Bulging, 140mm tip mows down on deep powder stashes and plows through choppy conditions
Share your thoughts
Great "everyday" ski
I enjoy this ski thoroughly. I spend my winters in Alta, UT. And this season hasn't been what we're used to, but the Nomad has chewed up everything Ullr has sent my way. Groomers, variable, Utah blower? Doesn't really matter, these things will eat it up. I sometimes wish I had a little more ski in the deep stuff, but at 105 underfoot, this does a great job.
Great Touring Ski
I use this ski for every day riding. I have the 08-09 Nomads, I've been skiing on them since spring of 09 and they've survived all sorts of abuse, from a year of patrolling to backcountry adventures. I have the Marker Dukes on them which results in a fairly heavy backcountry setup, but also means they won't let you down in tough spots.
Also, next season's line up will include a Nomad with front rocker. This should be an amazing ski!
-09 model 168 mounted boot center w/ dukes
-skied mostly at MRG, green mtn BC, jah peak, 1 week at crested butte, tucks
-me: 5'5" 155 expert. huckin straighlinin billygoatin bumpin carvin blastin
nice sidecut and will rail like a mofo
bombproof edges, bases. its a tank
predictable, poppy flex
168 is great for those tight EC trees
fat twin tip throws a mean roost
2 yr warranty
tad heavy for a BC mish
140mm tips can be unwieldy in the bumps
SFT is flaccid
skittery on ice @ speed - just point 'em instead!
IMO these would both be remedied by the 181 or mounting +1-2:
-short, soft tail that would prefer not to stomp cliffs
-a bit loose at speed in chop
real nice EC shred stick that excels in pretty much every condition that we get dished this side of the mississippi. mount the 168 a little forward for more stompability or just get the 181 like i should have done.