- Detail Images
Storm-shielding jacket with enough western class to wear to the saloon.
Wandering the streets of Jackson (or any cowboy town) can put you up against the elements without much warning, so do yourself a favor and zip up the Icebreaker Pure Plus Teton Full-Zip Jacket before you leave your bunkhouse. Its RealFleece fabric delivers all the awesome benefits of merino wool, but it also helps to block the western winds and resist spring snow squalls.
- Wind-resistant polyurethane membrane and water-resistant polyester outer face keep the storm out when it surprises your hiking or touring party
- Merino wool Realfleece 260 fabric breathes, dries quickly, and resists the build-up of odors while you ski, hike, or just hang out in the mountains
- Close fit for less excess bulk
- Drop-tail hem adds coverage when you hike uphill
- Full-length front waterproof zipper permits venting and a storm flap provides extra cold-weather protection when zipped
- Tall collar helps seal out the cold, and shaped sleeves shelter the back of your hands for extra warmth while you hike
- Two waterproof zippered hand pockets hold hiking or daily accessories close, and a chest pocket secures your sunglasses
- Internal loops let you hang the jacket on a pack
Share your thoughts
Not small enough
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
I bought this based on a previous reviewer saying it runs small. I disagree - the size S ran true to size, meaning that for slim people like me, it's too large (especially in the upper torso and arms). I nada to return it.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
This jacket is warm and comfortable, not itchy at all. I can usually wear it alone down to the mid-30's and just need a hoodie underneath for anything colder. The waterproofing is outstanding on this. I'm 5' 6" 135 lbs and I usually wear a medium, but I sent it back for a small and it fits perfect.
5 Star Casual/4 Star Technical
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I've always wanted a soft shell jacket and I've always loved Icebreaker clothes. This jacket seems to have been created to target me! Fit wise I'm 6'1" 187 and the Large fits perfect. I can layer some merino underneath but nothing bulky. The arms though have volume and extend a bit further down the back of the hand vs the underside of the wrist. Slight mark off for not having velcro straps to lock down the wrists, but then again if it's getting nasty enough to need that the fact that my head is exposed is probably a greater issue. The jacket lifts up a bit when my arms are over my head but nothing too drastic. The zipper pulls and pockets are nice and lined with merino! The material overall is thick and currently a bit stiff though I expect it will soften up a bit with use.
Got it on a sale/deal as I do with most of my Icebreaker gear (its worth the price but that still doesn't mean I can afford full price.) Given the season I haven't put this through the paces yet, but I fully expect it to be my go to jacket all fall and really most of winter except for when it gets sub zero and I have to break out insulation.
Is the collar stiff? I'm hoping it sort...
Is the collar stiff? I'm hoping it sort of stands up but the few pictures have a bit of a wave in the collar on the model that has me wondering.
Collar is stiff- it have a softshell outer so it maintains its shape nicely.
So I ended up getting the jacket (review pending) and one side of the collar has a bit of a crease in it. Tag says "warm iron." Think that's a good idea?
I have used warm iron on wool, but I put cotton between to protect the fiber.