Ditch the multiple pairs of cotton and just bring the Lite.
- Thin merino wool naturally regulates temperature and controls odor so you can get away with just bringing one pair of socks
- Light cushioning from the toes through the heels adds support under your feet while you sight-see
- Reinforced heels and toes add durability while the LIN toe seams help prevent blisters
- Instep support provides a little compression at your instep for comfort
- Item #ICE0573
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I'm typically a Darn Tough loyalist, but decided to give these a go. These are definitely my winter dress boot socks, simply from the stand point of them being a bit more thick than my cushion-less, lightweight DT's. The merino wool blend wicks away moisture and dries quickly, and the cuff seems to be self-adjusting so they're not slouched down around your ankles by the end of the day. Also, there's a Right and Left sock, which is awfully nice since they sorta mold to your feet. I highly recommend these socks!
Crisp, warm and adorable socks
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
These socks are very bold and fun. The padding is nice without being too thick. They go up a few inches about the ankle. I'd buy more of these, but might lean toward the Darn Tough brand because Icebreaker can be a little more expensive than other wool socks.
You can never have too many socks...
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
I gave these socks to my sister, mom AND grandma as gifts over the holiday and I'm pretty sure they didn't take them off for the first week they owned them.
The merino wool blend makes them a lighter weight sock good for casual wear or a shorter hike. I wouldn't recommend these for longer hikes where thicker cushioning is needed. The height is mid to lower calf area.
The beauty of merino wool socks is that you can wear them for days at a time and they stay comfy and don't stink! If you are shopping for someone who has everything, get them these socks, and then get yourself a pair so you're not left out when everyone else is wearing them.