- Detail Images
A versatile jacket for intense activity.
The Icebreaker Men's Blast Jacket takes the very best that merino wool and synthetic fibers have to offer and brings them together to help your body maintain its temperature during high-exertion activity even in rough weather. Merino wool lining feels great against your skin, and its natural ability to transfer heat and moisture help keep your body in a thermal sweet spot. Plus, flexible panels and movement-focused construction give you unrestricted motion so you don't waste energy working against unrelenting fabric. Wear this jacket cycling, trail running, and any other time you plan on working up a sweat in iffy weather.
- Polyurethane membrane blocks wind and helps repel moisture while allowing water vapor to escape
- Polyester face fabric in the front acts as the first barrier against the weather while wicking moisture and speeding evaporation
- Water-resistant front zipper prevents driving rain from working in between the teeth
- Merino wool lining holds in just enough warmth while helping your body naturally regulate its temperature
- Flexible side and back panels use spandex, nylon, and merino fibers to promote full range of motion and breathable comfort
- Back panel vent ditches excess heat
- Thumbholes hold your sleeves in place and offer extra coverage to your hands
- Zippered mesh pockets hold essentials and serve as additional vents when you leave them unzipped
- Reflective piping makes you easier to spot when you're training in low light
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I've had this jacket for a few weeks at this point and I really like it. I'm 6'1" 170lbs, and I find the medium to fit very well. The design is very sleek, the merino wool feels really nice, and it works well to provide just enough warmth when the temperature is around 40F. I also really love the chest pocket- all jackets should have this feature!
I would have given this jacket 5 stars, but I have some concerns about it's durability. There are a few places where I am worries the merino is going to wear very quickly- sleeves where it rubs against my watch, the pockets where I store my keys, and the lower back where my backpack rubs against it. I would be nice if the jacket provided a bit more protection in these areas.