Skiers, trail runners, or hikers in the hunt for a lightweight merino baselayer would do well to consider the Men's Woolies 150 Bottom. This next-to-skin piece is made of a super-smooth variety of New Zealand wool so you'll stay warm in cold conditions and you'll feel comfortable when you're working up a sweat—honestly, what else do you need?
- Zque New Zealand merino wool is warm, soft, and naturally breathable
- Merino wool naturally repels the bacteria that causes odors
- Form fit sits close to your body for warmth and to encourage the movement of moisture away from the surface of your skin
- Gusseted crotch eliminates fabric binding and allows for full range of motion
- Full-length cut means warmth all the way from your waist to your ankles
- Seams lie flat against your skin to reduce or eliminate the opportunity for chafing
- Wide cuffs easily fit over thick socks and leave room for your ankles to move
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs large
I bought this product because it is made in North America. One would think it was made in China after being worn for a short period of time. I wore these long underwear for less than 6 months, and already there are more holes than I can count. For 70 bucks, they better be bomb proof (not the case). I'm a big fan of most other Ibex products I've purchased, but this one falls about 100,000 feet short of my expectations. I will look elsewhere in the future for my long underwear needs. At least they are comfortable...
- Fit: True to size
The Ibex Woolies 150 are great for those cool mornings and summer nights in the backcountry. They won't be warm if it is super cold out, but are great in middling temperatures. Merino is versatile in temperature range and doesn't stink like synthetics.