New Zealand merino wool gives the Men's Indie 1/2-Zip Top the ability to insulate and naturally breathe, and that means you stay warm without overheating—pretty nice, right? Should you really work up a sweat, the nine-inch zip front opening allows you to vent away excess heat with ease. This is a versatile long-sleeve baselayer you can wear for everything from skiing to cold-weather camping.
- 18.5 Micron wool fiber is incredibly soft and smooth, so it feels comfortable directly against your skin
- New Zealand merino wool is quick-drying and naturally breathable, and it has natural antimicrobial properties that fend off odor-causing bacteria
- Merino wool is a sustainable fabric
- Semi-fitted cut keeps this top close to your skin for warmth while still allowing enough room for an ultralight baselayer underneath
- Nine-inch zip-neck front opening gives you a way to vent excess heat, and the zipper has a locking pull to keep it in place once open
Share your thoughts
Awesome, lightweight mid layer
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
Full disclosure, I adore almost everything I've tried from Ibex. They make much of their stuff in the USA (including this piece); they use great wool; and the style is ... stylie. The Indie works as a mid layer -- cut is full, not too tailored or tapered -- but it is lightweight, so even under a snug outer layer, it doesn't feel bunched. On the other hand, when this is the outer layer, there is plenty of freedom of motion / it doesn't bind. I've used mine for a season+ and it is holding up well.