A wool insulated vest built for peak performance.
The Ibex Men's Aire WLI Vest, new for 2012, packs toasty-warm wool insulation to protect you from cold conditions on the mountain. This semi-fitted vest is ideal for layering underneath a shell when you're skiing, or you can zip this vest over a long-sleeve baselayer for hiking in mild weather. The clever engineers at Ibex designed this vest to pack into its own interior mesh pocket to make it easy to take along even if space in your backpack is limited.
- Nylon material makes the shell of this vest lightweight and highly durable
- Wool insulation is toasty warm, naturally breathable, and naturally resistant to the microbes that cause odors
- Center front closure and hand pockets use reliable and smooth-operating reverse coil zippers
- Front hand-warmer pockets have seven-inch openings so there's plenty of room to slide your hands inside
- Interior mesh pocket doubles as a stuff sack so you can pack this vest down and toss it in your hiking pack or ski bag
Share your thoughts
Super thin, super warm
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
I wanted to try out a merino wool insulated vest and was so glad to pick this up on sale here on Backcountry. This vest has been nothing but warm and comfortable every time I've worn it. It's very thin in comparison to my other down vests and hugs close. It's also a bit on the smaller side, which is okay for me since usually things run a bit bigger.
Best thing about this piece is the warmth to bulk ratio. Merino is really great insulation. Super warm!
really nice but has a problem zipper
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
very warm for the light weight.
is well made, except that the zipper breaks
easily. it is a very small zipper, and ibex knows there is a problem, but hasn't changed it yet. also, it is very expensive, so is hard to justify the cost, i think, though i received it as a gift, so that wasn't a factor for me